March feels like a million years ago --- it was busy, yet it wasn't, so here are 11 things about March, that I want to remember!
2. Purim celebration at church – such a fun night – honoring Esther and how she saved her people.
3. On a Sunday afternoon, I had a clean house, laundry done, pork verde in the crock pot and then made chocolate chip cookies – it was a good day!
4. St. Patty's Day treats and these two silly people! Love them both – Jesse is a long-time family friend, kinda like a little brother to me, who we love to give a hard time to and vice versa, but mostly we love him!
5. Sydney working on her science project – blood splatter and how it helps solve crimes! She loved it. She used fake blood of course, made with corn syrup and food coloring!
6. Day trip to Solvang with my dear friend Deb. We just needed a day of not doing the same thing. We had no specific plan when I picked her up at 9am. I said we can go north or south and we looked at each other and both said "north." Ha! So much fun – such a great day! So thankful for our friendship! God is so good!
7. Oh, these two – they make my heart smile! Fancy Friday at school! A group decided instead of casual Friday, they should have Fancy Friday! So fancy!
8. SAT prep and test time for my 11th grader! Can I just say – what the heck?? The registration process was a bit much in my opinion. I think its absolutely crazy the hoops parents and kids have to go jump through these days to go to/get into college; an education you are paying for crying out loud! Shouldn’t it be the other way around??
9. Too bad this photo doesn't have audio – Travis was helping his cousin type up a resume. It was so sweet and funny - funny how many times they said "dude."
10. I found this on tumblr and have been trying to remember it before I speak – its crazy how many things I say that really aren't necessary – I think I pretty much am kind (mostly) and say things that are true – but necessary now that's a whole different story!
11. Spring break was the last week of March/first week of April – I worked and the kids slept in, went to the beach with friends, worked a little bit, stayed up late watching movies and pretty much had a great week!
I spent time applying my OLW (one little word) "SEE" to things I was doing or things I have done. Trying to see, what is necessary, right and true, trying to see what I need for my soul, trying to see how I can change things! Seeing what things I should continue to do and seeing what things, I need to stop doing. Life is moving fast these days and I am seeing I need to slow down a bit and savor the time with my teenagers. I don't feel like they will automatically go away and never come back once they start college, but life moves along and changes can be tough on a momma's heart. So I am being careful with this whole time right now. And I am so very thankful for so very much!